Saturday, October 17, 2015

The sweetest dreams

Each night I watch you sleep, your small frame spread on our giant family bed, chest rising and falling with your rhythmic breathing.

Each night I curl you into my chest as you nurse and fall into a deeper slumber while I breathe in your smell, a mixture of your bubble bath and sweetness of skin.

Each night I kiss the top of your head and whisper how much I love you... I tell you to be strong throughout life, be loving, and be kind. Always.

And each night I ask that you have sweet dreams.

______________________________

A lot of people give me a hard time for letting Carter sleep with us. Yes I miss having a baby free bed and adult snuggles every night, but I love having my baby close. I always want to ask those people if they enjoy sleeping 100% completely alone and cold. I know the answer would be no. Human contact is a necessity for development. I want my child to feel completely comforted and warm and loved always, but especially at night when the world is dark and maybe a little bit scary to him.

I love being the number one source of comfort to him. I know it won't last forever and so I cherish it for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment